What is the purpose of the study?
We are evaluating the safety and efficacy of an investigational drug to stop further vision loss in patients with early diagnosis of NAION.
What can patients expect?
- Meet with the doctor to discuss the symptoms
- Assessment of vision loss
- Evaluation for study participation
What are the criteria for study participation?
- Ages 50 to 80 years old
- Experience sudden vision loss in the last 14 days
- No treatment for current set of vision loss symptoms
- Other criteria to be evaluated at the clinical site
What will happen during the study?
- 8 visits will be completed over approximately 1 year
- Study treatments will be administered at 3 of the visits
- Eye exams will be conducted at each visit
- General health status will be monitored at every visit
- Visits generally take approximately 2-4 hours to complete
- Study-related costs are covered
- Reasonable travel costs may be reimbursed
Where is the study taking place?
The study will be conducted at multiple sites in several countries. Please click on “Find a Clinical Site
”, and fill out a quick survey to
locate a participating clinical site. A full listing of the current participating clinics may be found www.clinicaltrials.gov
, study number: NCT02341560.
For more information, you may also visit www.nordicclinicaltrials.com